Wednesday, October 10, 2007

When it Rains, It Pours...

     First of all, I have to apologize for not blogging for awhile.  We have been busy with Baby Classes and lately our internet connection has been sporadic.

     Yesterday, I had a big surprise at work.  I was planning to eat lunch with my friends Elisa and Tara, but instead they surprised me with a baby shower.  I wasn't expecting it at all!  The baby got more wonderful gifts, and I had a fun time eating lunch and chatting with friends.  It is always amazing to me how creative and talented some people are - all the beautiful baby blankets, and baby wreaths and cakes made from diapers, home-made burp cloths.  How neat!

  This afternoon, Brandon's co-workers planned a baby shower for us as well.  We played a few games, too.  One was a memory game where there were 20 items that we would need for the baby on a tray.  We studied it for two minutes.  Then we had to list as many as we could remember.  Sixteen was the winning number.  We also had a contest (Brandon and I judged) to see who could draw the best baby on a paper plate - while holding it over their head.  Last, we had to "guess the flavor of baby food."  Brandon and I got to taste, while everyone else only smelled.  The unfair advantage didn't help me.  I think the only one I got right was the vanilla pudding.

     I mentioned Baby Classes earlier, so I am glad to say that we are finally done.  Funny, they don't give you a certificate or anything that says your ready for baby now!  We went to the childbirth prep class, baby care class, and we toured Lutheran's maternity center last night.  Methodist has a larger maternity center and Blank Children's Hospital is down the hall, but I want to go to Lutheran better because it is easier to find and I've heard that the staff is smaller and friendly.  Our tour guide said they had a lot of discharges that day, so I didn't see any women ready to deliver on the floor; only two premies in the NICU.


     It's nice that things are coming together.  We still have a few things to tie up (name, pediatrician, a few things in the nursery), but for the most part, I'm feeling like we are closer to being ready to welcome Baby Boelman into the world!



 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 30th Birthday October 20, Brandon!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for Baby B to come!!!!!!!