Thursday, June 28, 2007

all I wanted was a soda...

Val had a checkup in Ankeny yesterday. I arrived at the last minute - why can't i get the timing from my office to the clinic figured out??? I thought I'd have 5-10 minutes to spare but was lead straight back to the exam room when i walked in... Anyway, all was as it should be, as far as the checkup was concerned. Val had a bottle of orange-soda looking liquid with all of her stuff - I got excited and planned to get some of that. But it wasn't to be, as the bottle contained something for the next appointment, specifically to check for gestational diabetes. One of the possible complications that I don't fully understand (like most things medical, which is ironic, since I work for a hospital company...) I suppose I will go into study mode if that is something we have to deal with. Not something to really worry about (as I can be good at, worrying, that is...) Take it as it comes, right?

After the appointment, we stopped by a baby consignment shop. Val had been there before and got some maternity clothes. The selection in that part of the shop hadn't changed, so we really just looked around for a bit. We left, I gassed up the Harley, and headed for home. It was nice that we were both home around 5, which is really unusual at our house.

So you're probably wondering when we'll let the cat out on the gender... Well, it's a...

BABY! HA, probably didn't even get you on that, but I enjoyed the joke! Soon, probably, b/c neither of us is very good at keeping secrets. But it has been kinda fun having that between us :)

-b

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an education! Both of you keep learning and having a good sense of humor.