Monday, July 23, 2007

wow, things have changed...

So, Saturday, Val and my mom went garage-saling in the morning and found some good deals. When I returned from a long (extra) day at the office, I had to see what had been found. One item of interest to me was the baby swing. Now, I remember the old baby swings, with the crank to wind it up every so often. This newer model is nothing like that! It takes batteries, for one (the rechargables and charger were included with the purchase.) Second, it not only has six speeds, but a timer and it plays music! I'm amazed that such technology exists, but suppose there's a market for it. Val told me the couple that she bought it from had paid over $100 for it (she got it for $25, SCORE!) So, I've determined that I'm in the wrong industry... They also picked out a bunch of clothes. And I was afraid the baby would go naked... hehehe

-b

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yup!!! There's no end to the baby furniture. Funny thing about those -- When they "up to x Age" or "up to x lbs" you'll want to pay attention to that. If you end up with a bouncy seat - don't put a baby in it that can sit up by their self. It'll flip them right over on to their face. (Tough lesson learned on that one -- That's why we call her Annie Practice Child Babcock) And with the swing, there's nothing funnier than coming back into the livingroom to see your kid in it backward riding it like a horse and swinging it so fast the front legs are tipping... Lots of Baby Furniture. And you don't even have outside stuff yet. Just you wait! I'm excited for you two so much!!