Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Family Sedan


Anyone that knows me, knows that I traditionally have only owned coupes.  From the Mercury Cougar, to the Chevy Beretta, to the Pontiac Sunfire, and most recently the Chevy Monte Carlo, I have only owned 2-door vehicles.  Unfortunately, 2-door cars aren't necessarily the most family-friendly vehicles on the market.  So, Brandon and I have been crusing through some car lots recently, looking to see what was available.   We went to test drive a few SUV's Monday night - a Jeep Patriot and a Dodge Nitro.  Not bad cars, just didn't seem like they were worth the money.  On the way back home, Brandon said, "Let's stop by Toyota of Des Moines."  We walked through the lot for awhile and finally a salesperson stopped to help us.  We test drove a Toyota Highlander, and I thought it was a nice vehicle.  After a little "good cop-bad cop" we arrived at a deal.  So, I now I have a new car.  I have to be honest, I was sad to see the Monte Carlo go.  I think I would have drove it until the wheels fell off.  Hopefully someone else will enjoy it as much as I did!  But, I love my new car, and hopefully it will be another nice addition to the family.

2 comments:

sammyd said...

*song goes through head*

you know that looks really close to a mini-van.

Deb said...

nice vehicle!