Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Re-test

I had my three-hour gestational diabetes test yesterday morning.  I arrived at Lutheran Hospital at 7 AM.  After getting checked in, I was called in to have some blood withdrawn, and I drank a bottle of glucola.  I had three more vials of blood withdrawn every hour for the next 3 hours.  I was happy to be done with the needle sticks, but by the time I got home I felt awful!  I think it was the combination of fasting and losing blood, but I really thought I could have passed out.  After lunch, I just lied down on the couch instead of going back to work.  When I finally got up, I called the doctor to see if they had my test results.  The nurse said, "You passed.  You can go ahead and have a candy bar!"  I was glad to hear it.

1 comment:

Deb said...

I had exactly the same experience. I felt fine during the 3-hour test, but afterwards felt horrible. Whoozy, nauseous, hot, generally icky. Glad you passed - now go enjoy a freezer pop.