Monday, August 6, 2007

License and Registration

Brandon and I went on a trip this weekend to Nebraska to pick up some baby items from Julie's former neighbor, Phyllis.  Phyllis has three children, the youngest of which is Whitten, who has out grown most of his baby items.  It was nice (and convenient) to get a lot of baby stuff all at once, and I think Phyllis was happy also to be able to off-load so much, too.  Our empty nursery now has a swing, bouncer, car seat, exersaucer, walker, take-along swing, outlet covers/latches, baby carrier, tummy time mat, bath tub, and bags and bags of little boy clothing.  It looks a little more like there will be a baby there in three months!

On the ride home Brandon's aunt called to ask if we had registered for baby gifts yet.  We had been waiting until after our trip to register, so we stopped by Target after we got home.  I didn't think that we would have much to register (considering how full the back of the car was), but we managed to fill out an entire registry.  I could be relatively decisive when it came to crib bedding, and diaper pails, and strollers.  But, what is it about the bottle aisle I find so intimidating?  We are standing looking at all the bottles, the bottle warmers, the nipples - my head was spinning.  Ten different brands each with ten different versions.  I was lucky that a new mom in the aisle started to point at things and said "I have a bottle warmer, but I never use it because it takes 15 minutes...I would recommend the bottle dryer rack.  With all the bottles drying on the counter, you knock over one, and they all fall like dominoes...I would recommend Dr. Brown's bottles.  I registered for the Playtex VentAirs, but Dr. Browns causes a lot less spitting up."  I was so thankful for her help!

There are a few things that I couldn't find at Target, so if anyone with an affinity for garage sales comes across a high chair or a rocking chair/glider, let me know! 

And, thanks again to Brandon's aunts for arranging the baby shower!  I know they will make it a really fun time for everyone! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like your little one will be in green nursery surroundings!